Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Velvet Kick

So I've been on kind of a velvet kick. Previously one to shun this "romantic" material, I've recently gone nuts for it. By "gone nuts", I mean purchased two items: 1) a red velvet hat on clearance at some junk store on State Street and, 2) a black velvet blazer marked down in a Baltimore store. Is it any evidence to velvet's popularity that all these items were marked down? I am gonna choose to say no.

I felt validated about my new personal fasion trend when I saw Ellen's slammin' maroon velvet suit at the Oscars. Turned up white collar? Gold chain? I was digging her outfit even though others were not impressed.

So, go buy your velvet suits and shit today because you'll feel awesome. (I do not know how to end this post?!?)

Brought to you by the velvet and velour pushers of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment