Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Baltimore & Natty Boh

I've been in Baltimore the past few days, visiting my friend K from my high school days. She is in grad school there and working her butt off. Meeting her colleagues in international public health made me rest assured that there will be some amazing, friendly, smart people working abroad on really important health issues in the near future. For a little international stimulation of your own, check out this BBC news series on the Thai-Burma border where K will be working next year. Go, K!

While I had a wonderful time visiting with K, I also got to try some Baltimore delicacies. Notably, crab cakes and raw oysters at Lexington Market, and the "local" beer nicknamed Natty Boh. I also saw some family - an aunt and uncle and a cousin with her new (adorable!) baby. If I can, I'll post some pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment