Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Hot Toddies and White Noise - Old Fashioned Sleep Aides

I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping this week. I'll be exhausted, go to bed early, and then wake up at 4 a.m. or 5 a.m. totally restless. I think it has to do with my earlier physical exhaustion and fatigue, but also with the sun rising at an earlier hour, birds chirping, etc., etc., all that good spring stuff.

But I'll also have stressed-out dreams. The kind where I get pissed at my subconscious for wasting my sleeping time. Like dreaming that I'm really angry and anxious that the train is so slow. Don't I spend enough time doing that when I'm awake?

So I decided to buy some whiskey after work, and make a hot toddy before I go to bed. And get a fan to provide some sleep-inducing white noise. Forget the Tylenol PM, the Lunestra, Paxil, or whatever. I'll try these old fashioned methods, hopefully with some success.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with that. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete