Thursday, May 25, 2006

Dating Makes You Feel "Human"

Rather uncharacteristically, I've been going on a lot of dates over the past 4 months. Dating can be really fun (the kissing, the new conversations, the surprises) and frustrating (is he going to call?, is he going to kiss me?, the surprises), but it can also be full of awkward-a-mundo situations.

I've been hesitant to blog about some of these experiences because I've made the mistake of telling some of my dates about my blog, and I haven't wanted to bring up embarrassing moments at an inopportune time that could cause a preemptive end in the dating timeline. However, some time has elapsed since some of these dates, so here are some awkward-a-mundo highlights:

1. I was sitting on the beach with a date. We were having a serious conversation - too serious - about past relationships or something like that. Suddenly, a large seagull started making a racket as he was doing it with another seagull, right there on the beach. It created a special layer of date mood awkward.

2. I went on a bike riding date with a guy. Five minutes into the ride, he starts talking about how he ran out of his special cyclist shammy (read: testicle) cream, so he was very concerned about chaffing on the bike ride. In all honesty, he did this to be funny, and as an "icebreaker", but still, um, embarrassing!!!

There are a few other stories that are a little more involved, so maybe I'll blog about them some other time. But needless to say, dating can bring me up to the height of excitement and anticipation, and down the the depths of awkward, but always reminds me of the laughableness of being human.

No comments:

Post a Comment