Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Broke-ass Building

I'm not talking about moola, no, but rather my office building. The building where I work is "ghetto" as we used to say in my high school. The building is probably over 50% vacant, probably because nothing works, especially the elevators. I mentioned the "elevator creeps" in a previous post, but right now the biggest creeps are the building managers and building owner. Out of four public elevators, only one has been working most days. And by "working", I mean you still take your life in your hands - mental clanking and pinging, elevators that don't stop on certain floors, or ALWAYS stop on certain floors (floor 9) because one of the call buttons is broken. They have someone coming in to "fix" the elevators just about every other day and they still never work. It's ridiculous.

As if that wasn't enough, everything inside our office is broken too. We haven't had a copier or printer for at least two weeks. Or a postage meter. I have outdated postcard stamps hidden in my desk (23 cents) and can make essential copies of letters on the fax machine. Letterhead? Forget it! I'll just draw our logo on some legal paper. It's too bad that mental telepathy isn't more widespread because that sure would save a lot of hassle to just be able to mentally copy and fax this stuff instead of getting so frustrated with this crappy junk that doesn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment