Friday, April 20, 2007

Spring Shine

Rode my bike to work for the first time in 2007 - !
The temperature was great for riding - sunny, 50s, and no breeze. I saw the usual excitement - some dude repainting a fence along the lake for the park district - with no shirt and some shorts! Someone is ready for summer - haaaaay! (But, hello? It's 50 degrees?)

It takes me an hour to ride my bike to work - an hour! While that is a great workout, and allows me to consume insane quantities of Chinese food at lunch, it can also be pretty tedious and tiring. While trying to plan alternate routes due to "three-track" construction (end result: same commute with a reason to leave work early sometimes...) I discovered a CTA/bicycle hybrid route to work. However, the whole maneuver of putting one's bike on the bicycle rack on the front of the bus seems slightly intimidating. I ordered a flyer from the Chicagoland Bicycle Federation so I can study it before my attempt. But if that works out, maybe I can get to work without sore legs and sweating profusely!

This weekend I plan on getting my tan on, vegging out by the lake, and possibly drinking some beers. I'm going out to celebrate my cousins' birthdays, and spending some time with Mr. D. It's called Spring, and that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

No comments:

Post a Comment