Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Most Attentive CTA Employee There Is

There is an employee of the CTA who is at my morning stop everyday. In the seven or so months that I've been going to this stop, I've had my eye on the guy as a potential creep-ass. I've observed him several times doing the same odd thing. He will wait at the turnstiles just "checking" that everyone gets through the gates without any trouble. Often, he'll accompany a pretty office girl through the gates, up the stairs, and chat her up on the platform until the train comes.

The office girl is not always the same girl, but always the same type - Caucasian, late 20s, thin, long hair, well-dressed in office clothes, wearing stiletto heels.

Since I tend to have a wild imagination when it comes to public characters, I've refrained from judgment of Employee Creep-Ass. Until today.

Today there was only one CTA machine working. I was standing in front of it, fiddling in my purse to retrieve my CTA card and some money to pay my fare. While I'm doing this, I observe Employee Creep-Ass at his usual post, talking to a leggy blond in black and white stilettos, who has one of those pulley suitcase/briefcase things. Suddenly, he runs over to the CTA machine, budges in front of me, loads her card with two $1 bills, and runs over to put the fare card in the machine for her. Creep-Ass!

I think he's probably the most attentive CTA employee that ever worked for the joint. Maybe I'll write a letter requesting a promotion on his behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment