Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Clint Eastwood Factor

Lady Detective

I had a weird dream last night where I left my car at a gas station. I just felt like leaving it. Sometime the next day, I received a ransom note from a stranger trying to extract money for the car. Knowing that it was at a gas station, I went back to the gas station to talk to the attendants to find out if they were trying to blackmail me. When I arrived there, my car had a bunch of tubes and stuff in it. Working at the gas station was a bunch of young guys, kind of sweet and boisterous, and with a little flirtatious conversation I was able to glean that they thought my car was abandoned so they just decided to fix it for practice and because they were bored. Also, because I was so charming, they were going to do it for free. Sweet! I wish that actually happened. I also figured out that some random guy driving by the gas station wrote down the license plate number and had sent me the blackmail note just to see if anything would happen, because he thought the car was abandoned.

Frodo Feet

It doesn't seem to matter what shoes I wear around - flats or heels, sandals or closed-toe shoes - my feet get messed up in the summer. The material of the shoe straps, buckles, or just plain leather rub on the skin of my feet and give me some major blisters which I then cover with several band-aids. It' s terrible! I don't know what to do to prevent this. Go barefoot? Gross!

The Clint Eastwood Factor

I have only seen two movies by Clint Eastwood - "Bridges Over Madison County" and the one where he's a bank robber and voyeur. Both those movies are really, really bad and Clint Eastwood is a really, really bad actor in them. Because of these movies, I hate anything that Clint Eastwood touches. It may be unfair, but I'm judgemental like that. That same factor applies to good, though. After I saw "Ghostdog," I was absolutely interested in anything starring Forrest Whittaker. This type of grudge-holding (positive feelings or negative feelings) does not just apply to movies, but is rather a pattern I see in other areas of my life besides movies. It could be seen as a weakness, but it could also be seen as an old fashioned character trait called "loyalty." Even Clint Eastwood would appreciate that.

2 comments:

  1. Hey M--- NO JUDGING!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frodo feet--- I suggest slowly toughening your feet to the less sockey like summer attire slowly. And use a thick rub of vasaline socked feet at night to soften up the calluses.

    --KB

    ReplyDelete