Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Candiru on Oprah and Interdenominational Chatter

I had a terrific Memorial Day weekend! It was a mix of spending time outside, enjoying friends, spending time with Mr. D, and catching up on some work. I went to a few BBQ's, and had some interesting conversations. Among them, we discussed the existence of a "penis" fish, which was backed up by the phrase, "it was on Oprah!" On agreed intent to google, I found out today that it really refers to the Brazilian candiru fish, which IS totally attracted to urine. My bad! Also of note was some discussion on the Lucumi religion, Buddhist meditation, and organizing social justice campaigns for the UCC.

Mr. D and I biked up to Evanston under the clouds on Saturday, and went to my favorite bead store. And this cool store too to look at rocks and geodes. I shared meals on Sunday with some different girlfriends, and even did some jewelry making. I'll try to post a picture soon of my latest beadation!

No comments:

Post a Comment