Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Deep Into a Pancake Craze

On my visit to Baltimore, K and I made pancakes one morning and ate them with peanut butter, Nutella, and/or maple syrup. It was totally fun!

Growing up, pancakes were always too much of a "hassle," as neither of my parents were that into making breakfast anyway. My mom bought pancake mix; my dad bought "hotcakes" from McDonald's. But, until two weeks ago, I never realized how easy it is to make the batter from scratch. Now, I'm deep into a pancake craze.

Mr. D and I made pancakes last weekend, with oodles of bacon, coffee, and cheesy eggs. I spiffed up the pancake batter with an extra teaspoon of vanilla and a pinch of both cinnamon and nutmeg. The result? Delicious!

Last night, I was at home and kind of scrounging around for something to eat for dinner. But I was bored of all the regular stuff, and I didn't want to go out and buy any groceries. The solution? Pancakes, of course! It only takes a few ingredients, a few minutes, and there were even leftovers to put into the freezer for another day. Pancakes. Hooray. The only thing I was really missing was some chocolate chips!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:24 PM

    We love pancakes, too, and our latest favorites are made with chopped pecans mixed in. Try them! (PS-Do you use the recipe from Joy of Cooking? They're very good.)

    ReplyDelete