Tuesday, March 20, 2007

All I can say is: wow! I go to visit North Carolina tomorrow and I am feeling a lot of mixed feelings. Coming off of a wonderful birthday celebration, I question this desire I have to move out of Chicago. But looking into these new places is really exciting! And getting a chance to see these schools, meet the faculty, discuss my intelletual interests and desires, and explore new career opportunities is totally thrilling! And, I feel a lot of excitement about the proposed 70 degree temperatures! Haaay!

I've been in Chicago for four years now, and I've certainly had a lot of ups and downs. But the possibility of a big change has really cast a different light on just about everything. Some days, I feel nostalgia - if I move away, I won't be able to go to the Chicago farmer's markets, or cuddle up with Mr. D every day, or step into the spring mud on my way to the neighborhood El stop. Some days, I think of how I want to sell all my stuff and leave all the little annoyances of jobs and the slow-ass brown line and my outrageous gas bills behind me. Yesterday, I had an anger moment at Chicago - hey! you haven't appreciated me enough ya bastard!

One thing I know is that I'll find cool things to do (like farmer's markets or jewelry classes) anywhere I go. And that the people that I really love, and that really love me, will be in my life no matter where I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment