Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Refreshing Spring Salad - Better Than Airport Food

With all my excitement and stress for my impending trip, I realized I needed to put away the Doritos and eat some real food. I put together this salad today and it was super-satisfying:

- Arugula
- Tomato
- Avocado
- Carrot
- Feta Cheese
- Splash of Balsamic Vinegar

The avocado was perfectly ripe and, along with the Feta cheese, added a great deal of richness to this salad which made for a full and satisfying lunch meal. The arugula added a little fresh spiciness, the carrot, a little earthiness, and the tomato rounded it out. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:27 PM

    Miz M,

    I'm loving your salad tips. I am ejoying a salad from Potbelly's at the moment. Yes, they have salads! This one is pretty good. There's romaine, 3 kinds of cheese, chick peas (i love chick peas!), cucumbers, croutons, cherry tomatoes, and artichoke hearts that add a nice little tang and richness. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete