Monday, December 04, 2006

Test Stamina Is a Learned Skill

Two more days until I take the GRE. It has been so long since I've taken such a test, and I'm nervous! I've been holed up in my semi-cold apartment practicing math questions, reviewing vocab, writing "i-just-pulled-this-out-of-my-ass" issue arguments. What a weekend.

I'm also trying to rack my brain for "test smart" aids from my college days. One friend told me that eggs are brain food, and that you should eat eggs before an exam. Hmm... better get some. Also, I took a Chinese massage class in college once where the teacher said you should press on this one spot on your head each day. He said it would make you smarter. Maybe he just wanted to know who in the class was gullible? But whatever, I totally press on the spot each day. Also, I read in Malcolm Gladwell's "Blink" that people that visualize themselves as successful and smart right before a test do better than people that visualize themselves doing sports right before a test. Huh?! Well, I might as well try that too...

No comments:

Post a Comment