Thursday, December 07, 2006

Jams I Get My Obsession On

Better late than never I succumbed to the iTunes temptation and downloaded some songs. Unfortunately for my coworkers, this means I can exercise my innate ability to obsess on certain jams, especially R&B/Neo-soul jams. (Past roommates can attest to this fatal flaw - that is probably why I now live by myself.) Obsessing on a jam is one of those things that seems normal, but becomes totally embarrassing as soon as anyone else is around. I kind of laugh to myself when one of my coworkers pass my office on the way to the printer and says to him/herself, "Shit, she's listening to Janet's 'That's the Way Love Goes', again?!?"

But of course, they are too polite to say anything to me directly. Too bad for them~!

So Janet's the jam of the day/week (7 times today).
Past obsessions include:
  • TLC's "Creep" (53 times on iTunes - thank god for that counter)
  • Thom Yorke's "Black Swan" (33 times)
  • Jane's Addition's "Summertime Rolls" (a mere 13 times)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:23 PM

    I do the same thing. Blue Oyster Cult's wildly underated "Godzilla" has been played many times on my commute recently. Notorius BIG's Big Poppa was in heavy rotation on the way to day care until my daughter started to repeat words, but there was nothing better than watching her bop her head to the beat in the rearview.
    As an aside, if James Brown was dead he would be spinning in his grave with your grouping of Janet Jackson into the "soul" category. She definitely doesn't qualify as "soul", and no one in her family does either. I would characterize your obsession (at least as far as TLC and Miss Jackson are concerned) as pop with the slightest hints of R&B.

    ReplyDelete