Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Beefcake?

I made a new friend recently, and one of the things we have in common is an interest in the WWF as a youngster. (Don't ask!) As we were conversing with each other, the common theme of wrestling kept coming up. We talked about all the old wrestlers like Supafly Jimmy Snooka and Ravishing Rick Rude. You know the ones! In a later conversation, this friend said that he was suggesting someone purchase a hedge clippers for their father for a Christmas present, and subsequently thought of another wrestler named Brutus "the barber" Beefcake, and finally thought of me.

"Wow," I replied, "I've never been associated with Brutus Beefcake before. Not even close."

And, thus, somehow I've been dubbed the wholly unfeminine "Beefcake." Ick. What a nickname. Also, hilarious! This friend writes to me in an email, "Not cool, Beefcake, not cool." Hee! It makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment