Monday, January 30, 2006

Speed Dating?

I went speed dating last weekend.

Here are the highlights:

  • I met over 20 guys from many different countries, from many different regions of the US, and from many different ethnic groups. Each "predate" was 3 minutes long, and I'm happy to report to the ladies that the majority of the eligible guys were totally fun to talk to and not unattractive.
  • There were only 3 guys that I talked to who I would consider "oddballs," slightly frightening, who made a bad impression in our three minutes of heaven predate. Three out of 25? If those odds can be applied to the general public, those are pretty good odds!
  • The most *unique* complement I received was that my teeth are "very-well aligned." Is saying, "You have a great smile," so hard???

Speed dating is a fun weekend activity to do with your single friends. But speed dating is not for the faint-hearted or self-conscious, and I think it's unlikely to generate a date. In addition, trying to charm all those fellas left my charms depleted for two long days!

See the kind-of funny Wikipedia definition of speed dating here. Make sure to read the theory about "sniffing out" a mate. Ew.

1 comment:

  1. I love speed dating. Well I loved it the one time I went. As a follow to your previous post it might be a good way for those babies to cheer themselves up!

    ReplyDelete