Sunday, January 29, 2006

Stop Complaining, Ya Big Baby! Cheer Yourself Up!

Everywhere I go lately, everyone I talk to, every blog I read is full, full, full of people complaining. Well, just stop it you big baby!

Yes, you. I'm talking to you.

Granted, January and February are annoying and depressing, especially in the Midwest. It's part of the proverbial cross we all bear. But do you hear me complaing? No! (Except for you, Renoodle, I did complain to you today.)

When I feel crappy, I take myself to task and I cheer myself up. Goddammit, I'm not bothering you with my problems. If I don't feel like putting on a happy face, I stay home! I turn off my phone. I rearrange my furniture. I listen to music.
My top songs for cheering myself up this winter:

1. Kanye West, Touch the Sky
2. Earth, Wind, and Fire, Fantasy
3. Led Zepplin, Tangerine
4. Etta James, At Last

These may not work for you, but something will.
So do me and everyone around you a favor.
Stop complaining. Pull your attitude up by your own bootstraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment