Monday, January 16, 2006

My Local Neighborhood Mannequin

There's a "new age" store that opened relatively recently in my neighborhood. It's kind of an anomaly because it exists in the between a crappy Chicago sportswear store and a package shipping business - not exactly a high traffic area for people that want their auras read.

The store has a mannequin in the window that truly puzzles me. For the first few months, the mannequin was sitting in the window with a slightly tipped-back posture with one leg kind of kicked out, and one arm waving. She was wearing a red bra and some plaid boy short underwear for about three months. How that had anything to do with crystals, auras, or chakras was a mystery that I pondered almost every day.

In December, she was cloaked in a velour red Santa outfit.
I'm glad she was a little more bundled up, but honestly, the $4 Santa suit was not doing her or her chakras any favors such that I could tell.

In January, she is now wearing an African-inspired greenish cloak-dress that has some sequins. It fits much better with the store's atmosphere, but I still wonder... why did it take her so long to find the right outfit?

1 comment:

  1. That store is so freaking weird. I'm glad you noticed that too, I thought I was the only one.

    ReplyDelete