Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Three Magical Weeks

Mr. D is coming to visit for a few days, the first time he has been able to visit this semester. It's a whirlwind time as there are three weeks left to the semester, but I think we'll be able to squeeze in some fun. It's hard to believe that I'm almost finished with my first year of graduate school!

This semester has been kind of tough in that my classes have required a lot of time, but that has made the semester speed by. The basketball season became a bright spot in my schedule, and I kinda became a superfan.

I've decided to stay in North Carolina for the summer. I have a pretty sweet internship working with business assistance and socially-conscious investments. It's a totally new field for me, but I'm looking forward to doing something that I've never done before. I also have 4-5 weeks where I won't be working, which is a new thing for me as well. For the past five years I had a job where I had to work a lot of weekends May through October. It seems so refreshing to have more time for weekend fun this summer. I'm going to spend a week in Chicago, maybe a week at the beach, and the other few weeks - who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment