Wednesday, March 19, 2008

When Life Moves Too Fast to Worry

I felt remembered on my birthday this past Sunday by family and friends. Though I almost forgot to spend much time on reflection as I spent two days of my birthday traveling through two time zones (does that mean I'm 30 instead of 29 since I lived through March 16th twice?) on my way back from Thailand. The proceeding few days was spent feeling jet lagged and too distracted for reflection on my birthday.

Overall though, it was a birthday on the end of a truly amazing vacation. Maybe the best vacation of my life so far because it had all elements you'd want on a vacation (except a beach). It had family, friends, an exotic location, new experiences, beautiful souvenirs, relaxing massage, good conversations, and great food. I finally got to try a durian fruit, which has been one of my dreams for 5 years. It was good good good to accomplish a dream, and the fruit had an interesting flavor with a stinky kind of aftertaste that got into the nose/sinuses. It was a unique as I hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment