Saturday, April 19, 2008

Why do goats like to eat pants?

I spent the day touring local farms in the area with a few girls from school. We had a great time. We saw a local goat farm, a winery, and a meat and poultry farm. We petted goats and a really pretty cow who licked my hand with his sandpaper tongue. We picked our own eggs from free-range chickens and talked to many of the people who owned the farms or worked there. The goats kept trying to chew on all my friends' pants, but my pants weren't very long so I let them chew on my sweater. We tried some local wines and some tasted not so good but there were a few dessert-type wines with North Carolina's muscadine grapes mixed in, which I really enjoyed.

It was great to get away from the school life for a bit, and do something that I really enjoyed with cool people who enjoyed it too. It was a wonderful day and it made me excited about the summer, and about the region in general. I felt really inspired by seeing the nice life that these animals have and it made me want to buy local meat and support the farms. Really, I felt in love with it! I wish I had taken some pics but if i get some from the girls I'll try to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment