Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sweet, Sweet Ninjas

I have two days left of work - two days! I have been cleaning out my files and email and the desktop of my computer. I've worked at my job for 5 years, and it seems like a lot has happened during that time. Anyway, I thought I'd publish this email from a friend of mine that I used to email at work non-stop. It was right after one of the White Sox Games in the World Series and it made me laugh so much at the time. I wanted to archive it somehow, as part of email pals gone by.
------------------
i am embarrassed to admit it, but i will cuz we bare all always: i did stop believin. a few times. in the 3rd, 5th, and 8th inning to be exact. i thought we were gonna out-and-out blow the World Series. and be the laughing stock of the sports world. i thought Journey was going to disown us, and we'd be left crying in our beers with only Nelson to donate one of their b-sides for our next theme song. but then something happened. something i shant soon forget. we won. and i started believing again. and again. it didn't stop til i as in the car this morning. i was listening to the radio, and a song distracted me to the point where i forgot to believe for a few seconds. but then i remembered to not stop believin', and that brings us up to right this second. i am believin' 100% even as i type every word of this email.

it feels nice to believe in something. something as pure and honest as a bunch of d-bags from all over the country representing Chicago, and using steroids and human growth hormones to cheat the system and win for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment