Monday, July 23, 2007

Shrimp Po' Boy

On Friday, I rode my bike the grocery store and bought ingredients for quick and easy Shrimp Po' Boy sandwiches. It was a recipe from Real Simple that I thought Mr. D would really enjoy (he did). Then I got home in time to watch the show, "The View." It was fun, but also scary how easy it was to slip into the life of a stay-at-home lady. Real Simple? The View? Yikes.

Today I went to the local public pool for outdoor lap swimming. It was lovely and I think getting some outdoor exercise, in addition to packing, will help me keep my sanity this week. I'm looking forward to this change which I know will be a really good thing in many ways, but I am also fraught with emotion. I'm so sad to be leaving the city where I have lived for 5 years, and my friends and family that live here. I know I can visit; I know I'll make new friends. But I will miss Mr. D and I'll miss my routine and I'll miss being a part of the network I've built here.

I think I should just rent a sad movie, have a good cry, and be done with it! Brokeback Mountain is supposed to be a tear-jerker...

No comments:

Post a Comment