Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Good Things In Life #33

When I leave for work about 20 minutes earlier than my usual time, I happen upon the sweetest thing. I walk by an elementary school on the way to the train when people are still arriving in the morning. The student crossing guards are still out at the street corners. They must have a policy of helping everyone cross the street. Because when I start to walk across the street, this 5th grader in a fluorescent yellow vest and holding a stop sign, crosses the street with me and officially holds up traffic.

This is so freakin' adorable that I can barely stand it.

I always say "thank you," and I can tell by the kid's response that 1) he isn't used to be thanked, and 2) the situation of helping an adult cross the street garners an awkward! moment. It's hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment