Sunday, September 27, 2009

Peace Be With You and Then Peace Out


I went to a hippy peace party this weekend and my thought was, "Yep, peace be with you and now, peace out." My libertarian side was like "rock on with the peace and the drum circle, Madison!!". Part of me is genuinely glad such a place/community exists, but the hippy vibe got a bit much for me. It's funny and weird that I'm a big yuppie by Madison standards. But don't worry, I won't let that serve up an identity crisis. It's just that the hippy scene seems so extreme, so non-urban, that it's kind of like a cultural time warp. I mean, see the picture above.


There are things I'm finding that I like - fall gardens and outdoor cafes. Riding my bike around and living in a lively neighborhood. Waiting for the social piece to fall into place still though...

No comments:

Post a Comment