Monday, September 28, 2009

The Human Backside

I have a lot of time to myself now to think and to dream. I keep daydreaming of travel, mainly to Europe. I want to learn French. My job is inspiring me to become a better urban planner, and I have borrowed many books on urban design; I go places in Madison by myself and immerse myself in these books. Here's a choice quote from a book I was reading today, regarding a comfortable depth of benches in public spaces,

"Another dimension is more important: the human backside. It is a dimension architects seem to have forgotten."

Hee. It's so true though. All praise to some room for the human backside.

I think of delaying buying a car, and what I could save money to do by postponing this purchase. Buy a kayak. Visit friends in New York. I research art and cultural exhibits that I want to see. I am mostly okay with doing all this with only myself for company.

No comments:

Post a Comment