Monday, January 21, 2008

Boom Goes My Diet-Namite

I'm still on the cooking tip and today I made a whole wheat pasta with lima and green beans and a bastardized pesto sauce. I guess it was a pesto sauce good for winter in that it did not require ole sturdy basil that can often be unavailable during this time. Bastardized pesto sauce contained:
  • olive oil
  • fresh garlic
  • chopped parsley
  • anchovies
  • capers
  • lemon zest
  • lemon juice
And it was pretty damn good.

Miz M's brother came a'visiting this weekend. We had a great time. I took him out for some bodacious pulled pork BBQ, biscuits and gravy, and my favorite country ham. Needless to say, boom goes my diet-namite.

For the most part though, we just hung out. I did my homework in the mornings while he slept in, we ate good food, watched a lot of TV, and made fun of each other. It was a blast.

2 comments:

  1. Let's catch up on this and other matters-- and apologies for not getting in touch this weekend; a minor meltdown was mine to deal with. Here's to pesto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:38 PM

    Hey Next time try this... Its really amazing I suddenly learned that mint is delicious as a savory ingredient not just with sweets!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistou

    for pistou
    3/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
    1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
    1 large scallion, chopped (1/2 cup)
    1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    2 tablespoons water
    1/4 teaspoon salt

    --KB

    ReplyDelete