Monday, January 29, 2007

Holy Cheerleader!

This weekend, I saw my cousin K perform her cheerleading routine before a competition. She's been a cheerleader for four years, but I have never seen her cheer. She is great at it, strong, and very animated because it is an activity that she really loves. She even had a high school fan club of boys that kept yelling, "Go, K!" during the routine. Obviously, they all had HUGE crushes.

The coach, however, was questionable. Not cute, not strong, and kind of scarily animated she yelled to the crowd after the routine, "I'd like you all to get down on a knee and tomorrow at 3:30 p.m. and pray to God that we beat out our other competitors in [the high school sports bracket.]"

Huh? That might be okay to say at a public school, but at a private catholic school, I'd hope that the cheerleading coach would be a little more holy.

No comments:

Post a Comment