Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Discovery of a Classical Music Mecca

On Friday I went to see the Richard Alston Dance Company as part of the Columbia College dance center series. The performance was really pretty. With a lot of very romantic modern balletic dancing by male and female couples, it was on the traditional side. One of the pieces had music that was absolutely gorgeous - some sinfonia and madrigal music by Claudio Monteverdi.

I liked this music so much that I went on a hunt to try and find it. As a classical music novice, I didn't realize what few stores carry a good selection. Apparently, classical music does not sell well these days. I tracked down one store that has a pretty great selection of classical, jazz, and opera - the Tower Records on Wabash. Amazing! They are also one of those stores that you sometimes get a surprise deal - like something is on sale but not marked as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment