Sunday, February 07, 2010

Sundays: Explore and Dream Days


So Sundays are my new exploration days. Last weekend I went to the botanical gardens and walked around the outdoor and indoor gardens. It was like night and day - the outdoors were frozen and quiet with filtered light reflecting from the sky and the frozen lake. The inside garden was tropical and humid with little birds flying around. It was nice to be able to breathe humid air again, even for an hour or two.

This weekend, I went to see a neat Automata exhibit at a local museum. On Sundays, there are free concerts and today was a piano and cello duo - so delightful. The acoustics were marvelous and the museum had some beautiful French glasswork from the Arts & Crafts period, and also some great Thai and Hindi Buddhism pieces, as well as the Automata (one shown left). The music echoed through the gallery and made it a fun wintery experience.

I also went looking at some Asian grocery stories. I was actually looking for some homemade fortune cookies for Chinese New Year next weekend. I didn't find those, but a few of the stores were interesting/cheap and had quite a variety of obscure ethnic products in case there was something unique one needed. There was a lot of frozen fish, which I didn't know quite what to make of, and not as many Chinese candies as I hoped.



No comments:

Post a Comment