Sunday, January 11, 2009

Grande Dame of 2009

Happy New Year. I know it's been an eternity since I've posted and - for shame! It's terrible I know. I was busy kicking ass on my last semester's classes and otherwise vegging and watching old episodes of Joan of Arcadia (no there are no new ones but the ones from 2005-2006 are terrific).

I did lots of fun things over the break (like hang out a ton with Mr. D!). I also went to a few museums, one of which was the Chicago Historical Society. There was a couture Chicago exhibit featuring "grande dame so-and-so's" famous dress for "such-and-such" occasion. It was actually more fun than I thought it would be. But it also made me think: what does it take in our times to be a grande dame? Why don't I know one? When can I be one?

2 comments:

  1. For our respective final semesters here, let's figure out what this entails-- and be it, if for only one hilarious evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur! Let's dress up in some sort of flowery mumus and turbans and pretend we're 60. We can be loud and drink wine and then spill it on the waiter! Hee!

    ReplyDelete