Monday, September 01, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

Mr. D visited this weekend and we had a great time. We did a mix of hanging out, eating good food, and visiting some local outdoors sites. We went to the local swimming hole and the highest point between my town and the coast. Mr. D finally got to try a local favorite Locopop. His choice was Mexican chocolate with creme, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. Mmm. With only 7 months left of school, I've found I want to take advantage of the local amenities while I'm here. And Mr. D should too! What kind of girlfriend would I be if I didn't take him to the best BBQ place and some local nature sites? Not the kind of girlfriend I'd want to be anyway! Even though it's hard not to see each other very frequently, we've gotten used to trying to make the most of it when we are together.

My new German roommate made herself scarce this weekend. She is quite independent and does much on her own. She made some friends that took her camping in the mountains, and stays out late chatting with folks and finding cool places to watch the Democratic National Convention. She is great, and it inspires me to get out and do stuff as I've been meaning so often to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment