Sunday, December 16, 2007

Just Like That...

And just like that, I'm back in the middle of a snowstorm in Chicago.

The weirdest thing I saw in my travels was a lady at the airport in Chicago who was wearing a fur coat. She was in the baggage claim area and pushing one of those luggage carts that was empty except for another fur coat. I ask you, who travels with only the fur coat on her back with her other fur coat as a carry-on?

Despite the abundance of fur coats, it does feel good to be back in Chi-city. Today, I was riding the Red Line train past Wrigley Field. I realized that I must've been homesick, since a fugly-ass billboard of a giant Chicago hot dog shoved into a baseball glove made me bust into a smile. And that's not normal. But I'll take it.

This week is filled with parties and meet-ups with friends and Mr. D. I'll do some Christmas window shopping and wandering around the city during the day. Have brunch with my brother tomorrow and maybe read some books. Tomorrow night is a carolling party with festive cider-rum. Oh, it's good to be home!

2 comments:

  1. so jealous you're in chicago!!! still wrassling my finals in the east. xoxo, r

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, came onto your blog. very new to this, but interested in your story b/c you're in NC-actually just got back from there. I like reading posts about the school b/c I'm looking at grad schools as well. Are you at Kenan-Flagler?

    ReplyDelete