Thursday, June 15, 2006

World Cup - Where to Watch During the Work Day?

I've been getting into the World Cup a bit this year. I watched the U.S. v. Czech Republic game on Monday and found it to be really exciting. (Until the Czechs scored goal #2. Then it was just depressing! But the drama! The tension! The "Goooooool!" yell on the spanish channel playing the game...)

The athletism of soccer is amazing. The players are so agile. And, well, hot. (Though some of those guys on the Czech team need a visit to the team barber.) So, with the desire of being a temporary superfan, I'm on a quest to find a good place to watch a portion of the 2:00 p.m. games on my lunch hour. I work in the South Loop and tried the Billy Goat Tavern yesterday. What a bust!
The game was on, and the sound was being piped into the place, but the drunken yahoos were just too rowdy for a Wednesday afternoon.

1 comment: